Re: More on elog and error codes

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: More on elog and error codes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 09:43 21/03/01 +1100, Philip Warner wrote:

>Code             SQL   Text
>PGERR_TYPALREXI  02xxx "type %s cannot be created because it already exists"
>PGERR_FUNCNOTYPE 02xxx "type %s used as argument %d of function %s doesn't
>exist"

Peter,

Just to clarify, because in a previous email you seemed to believe that I
wanted 'PGERR_TYPALREXI' to resolve to a string. I have no such desire; a
meaningful number is fine, but we should never have to type it. One
possibility is that it is the address of an error-info function (built by
'compiling' the message file). Another possibility is that it could be a
prefix to several external symbols, PGERR_TYPALREXI_msg,
PGERR_TYPALREXI_code, PGERR_TYPALREXI_num, PGERR_TYPALREXI_sqlcode etc,
which are again built by compiling the message file. We can then encode
whatever we like into the message, have flexible text, and ease of use for
developers.

Hope this clarifies things...

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/