Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > I'll go ahead and upload the one I'm testing with right now if you'd like.
> Not necessary, unless (I suppose) that you know the rpm for beta 4 is
> broken. That vintage CVS tree behaved well enough for me try it out
> afaicr...

It's a good start to test with for the purposes for which I think you want to
test for.  (and I'm an English teacher by night -- argh).  Beta 6 changes a few
minor things and one major thing -- the minor things are:
- Separate libs package with requisite dependency redo
- Change in the initscript to use pg_ctl to (properly) stop postmaster (no  kill -9's here this time :-))
- Change in the initscript to initdb with LC_ALL=C and to start postmaster    with LC_ALL=C as well.
- devel subpackage now uses make install-all-headers instead of cpp hack to   pull in required headers for client and
serverdevelopment.

The major thing is going to be a build of the contrib tree and a contrib
subpackage -- the source will remain as part of the docs, but now that whole
set of useful files will be built out.  That is what I was beginning to do when
I stumbled across the regression failure that subsequently took the rest of the
afternoon to track.

Before final release I have a rewrite of the README to do, as well as a full
update of the migration scripts for testing.

I'm looking at /usr/lib/pgsql/contrib/* for the contrib stuff.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio