RE: date format problem

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема RE: date format problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I dunno, I'm using 6.5.3 and have no probs pgdumping, pguploading and using
null dates - moved my app to another server etc, and the null dates are
still there. The null dates are dumped as \N which presumably means NULL
(but for some reason typing \N  (two characters - backslash then N) works
for the postgres superuser default password).

So perhaps you could convert dates you want null to \N.

I'm using perl and DBI, and things work fine - a null date is returned as a
perl undefined value (which is different from zero).
e.g.
if not defined($date) {
    $date="<i>unknown</i>";
} else {