Re: And to make things even better...

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: And to make things even better...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:11 PM 19-04-2000 -0600, Steve Wolfe wrote:

>  /var/lib/pgsql reports that we're running 6.3 - which I don't find on the
>FTP site.  Is that not a valid distribution number, or is the source not
>available?

Maybe the new guy did a make and linked the ancient 6.3 stuff in to Perl.

I suspect that you were in fact running 6.5.3. But now some stuff is going
to 6.3.

Check your postgres data directory, I believe you can find the version
number there.

Once you have confirmed the version you are really using, you can use the
correct binaries to back up/dump your data. Please check the docs on what
actually is dumped - certain things may not be dumped correctly depending
on which version you are using.

If you are daring you could "schedule" an upgrade to Postgresql 7.0. Hey
since it's already down and you have to recompile stuff <grin>. I'm kidding
of course, well half kidding.

Cheerio,

Link.