Re: How to speed up commits?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: How to speed up commits?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>By the way, we have been running a production PostgreSQL server
>on 6.5beta for over a year with fsync() off (-o -F) without
>problems. If your server doesn't suffer from kernel crashes, and
>is backed by a UPS, there's no reason in running PostgreSQL with
>fsync() on. It seems pretty clear that the mySQL folks didn't
>even consider a flushing option until the port to Win32, where
>the "kernel" was far from reliable...

OK tried it briefly with -o -F. Got 68 hits/sec! That's quite a remarkable
speed up from 13-15 hits/sec.

On a slower machine the speed up was only from 6 hits/s to 13 hits/s.

Switched back to sync tho. Too cowardly ;). Plus speed is not so critical
at the moment.

Well at least I know there's more juice on tap if I really need it...

Cheerio,

Link.