Re: [GENERAL] BIG Data and Perl

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: [GENERAL] BIG Data and Perl
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] BIG Data and Perl  (Andy Lewis <alewis@roundnoon.com>)
Список pgsql-general
At 09:52 AM 15-10-1999 -0500, Andy Lewis wrote:
>I've got a fairly good size database that has in one table around 50,000
>records in it.
>
>It starts of and processes the first 300-400 rows fast and then gets
>slower in time and eventually just quits. It'll run for about 4-6 hours
>before it quits.
>
>Any idea what may be going on here?

Maybe you're running out of memory. Your perl script may be reading too
much into memory.

When using the perl DBI module, I get the impression that the perl script
reads in all the results when you do
$cursor->execute

I don't know if there are any ways around this. It can be a bit
inconvenient if the result is large ;).

Cheerio,

Link.