problem with initdb

От Tan Poh Soon
Тема problem with initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

    When i run the initdb, the following message shown:

We are initializing the database system with username pstan (uid=501).

This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database ini /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1

WARN:heap_modifytuple: repl is \-12

initdb: could not create template database

initdb: clening up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

    For your information, i'm using a PC which running linux version 11 Revision 6 with Redhat 5.0.  Postgresql 6.2.1
wasinstall when the Redhat 5.0 was being install.  I didn't clear the postgresql 6.2.1 and directly install the
postgresql6.3.2 as postgresql 6.2.1 was reside at different directory.

    My Question :

1. Need i clean out the postgresql 6.2.1 to make postgresql 6.3.2 work properly ?     if yes, how to do that?

2. How cann i solve the problem of initdb ?

The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence.......

Hot heads and cold hearts never solved anything...

Heroes come along when you need them...

It doesnt matter where you start, its where you finished that counts..

To my parents, your every wish is my command.

Brothers will stand together.....

We were born without knowing how to breath, we leave childhood without
knowing what youth is, we marry without knowing what is to be married.
Life is full of surprise. Be tough.

When two hands meet, there are truths, there are lies.

Nothing brings more happiness to me than the happiness of my family and
the hapiness of those I love.........

I cant change what I did, I can only change myself..

<bigger>what man could cast away his good name, except for the
truth....