postmaster failure

От Christopher R. Jones
Тема postmaster failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I installed postgres-6.5 on Solaris 7, Intel - Pentium Pro, 128 MByte Ram.
I used gcc-2.95.1 and gnu make.  The program compiled installed fine but
postmaster failed:

cr-jay.com% initdb

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=1003).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data

Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

Creating global classes in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base

Adding template1 database to pg_database...

Vacuuming template1
Creating public pg_user view
Creating view pg_rules
Creating view pg_views
Creating view pg_tables
Creating view pg_indexes

cr-jay.com% postmaster -i
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1063936, permission=600
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

So then, after reading in the faq, I edited the /etc/system file to add:
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=1048567
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=250
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=500
set semsys:seminfo_semume=100

I now get:
cr-jay.com% postmaster -i
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=120,
permission=700
IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (No such file or directory) key=5432010,
size=120, permission=0
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Invalid argument) id=-2
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment

I played with the segment max size to no avail.

Any ideas?

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3