RE: [HACKERS] TODO item

От Don Baccus
Тема RE: [HACKERS] TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:04 AM 2/8/00 +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>There's already -F option for speeding up.
>Who would want non-WAL mode with strict reliabilty after WAL
>is implemented ?

Exactly.  I suspect WAL will actually run faster, or at least
will have that potential when its existence is fully exploited,
than non-WAL non -F.

And it seems to me that touching something as crucial as
disk management in a fundamental way one week before the
release of a hopefully solid beta is pushing things a bit.

But, then again, I'm the resident paranoid conservative, I
guess.