Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 12:08 AM 1/25/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Dropping constraints on a table just because you drop a column is
>> just butt-ugly.

>We aren't charging 100k either.  We do what we can, and spend time where
>it is most valuable.

Perhaps I've misunderstood, then...I'd thought part of the goal was to
compete with the 100K model without charging 100K...

If not, OK.

(BTW, Oracle for development is free and you can actually cruise with
that for some time.  A five-user license for non-internet use costs
$1450 for Linux)

And further BTW...some folks recently went through a little handwringing
upon hearing the Interbase will be released in free, open source form.

And there's a recent, though not current, Sybase version available for
Linux users for free, too...

If the point's not to be competitive with other free or low cost options,
is there any point at all?

Is it time for me to apologize for having high standards?