Re: Index toasting (was: Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc")

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Index toasting (was: Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc")
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 07:25 PM 1/3/00 +0100, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     I think it's best to delay index toasting until we have some
>     experience with normal, main tuple attribute toasting. It'd be
>     nice if the solution had covered huge values to be indexed
>     automatically (what it doesn't any more). But I think most
>     people can live with a database, that cannot index huge
>     values, but is capable to store and retrieve them for now.

>From my personal POV, I would certainly agree with this.  The stuff
I'm working on is probably pretty typical, using an integer key to
identify rows which contain large chunks of text, photographs, etc.
I'm perfectly happy not being able to index the big chunks, and
suspect a large percentage of users would feel the same.

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
От: "Ansley, Michael"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source