Re: [HACKERS] Bug or feature? select, count(*), group by and empty tables

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug or feature? select, count(*), group by and empty tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 04:11 PM 12/14/99 -0800, Don Baccus wrote:
>Here's another anomaly I've run across in porting the Ars Digita
>Community System web development toolkit from Oracle to Postgres:

(always returning a row for a select count(*) ... group by queryeven if there aren't any groups)

OK, I've gotten the latest sources with the bright idea of digging
around, and in nodeAgg.c the routine ExecAgg.c has been somewhat
rewritten, with comments that make it clear that this bug's already
been fixed.

I should build myself a latest version so I can filter out non-problems
before reporting them, sorry...