RE: [HACKERS] Volunteer: Large Tuples / Tuple chaining

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Volunteer: Large Tuples / Tuple chaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

There exists another related problem.
Vacuum could hardly move big tuples if some tuples of each page
live long. Though we have to move a long tuple at once,there won't
be so many clean pages.

Probably vacuum couldn't move even a 8K tuple in some cases.
The problem is already there,more or less.
But it seems very difficult to solve this problem without giving up
to preserve consistency in case of a crash.

Regards.
Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp