R: slow seqscan after vacuum analize

От Edoardo Ceccarelli
Тема R: slow seqscan after vacuum analize
Дата
Re: R: slow seqscan after vacuum analize  ("David F. Skoll" <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

BEFORE (copy of the db without having run the vacuum):

explain analyze SELECT * FROM utente where luogorilasciodoc='ciao';
                                                 QUERY PLAN

----------------------
 Seq Scan on utente  (cost=0.00..40947.90 rows=1826 width=724) (actual
time=131.17..856.96 rows=15 loops=1)
   Filter: (luogorilasciodoc = 'ciao'::bpchar)
 Total runtime: 857.06 msec
(3 rows)

AFTER (actual db)
portaportese=# explain analyze SELECT * FROM utente where luogorilasciodoc='ciao';
                                                QUERY PLAN

 Seq Scan on utente  (cost=0.00..92174.50 rows=3 width=724) (actual
time=705.41..6458.19 rows=15 loops=1)
   Filter: (luogorilasciodoc = 'ciao'::bpchar)
 Total runtime: 6458.29 msec
(3 rows

Things are worst only for seqscan, when it uses indexscan timing is good.