Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 9.6.1: Debug window does not load functionsql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 9.6.1: Debug window does not load functionsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/14/2016 09:38 AM, Shakti Singh wrote:
> Thanks Adrian,
>
> Yes, I did all this. The OS is Windows 2012 R2 64 bit.
>
> I am logging in using postgres user, which is the super user for the
> database.
>
> The shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugin_debugger'  (The dll
> resides in the "lib" directory)
>
> I restarted the server by restarting the service "postgresql-x64-9.6 -
> PostgreSQL Server 9.6"
>
> Here is the screenshot of the right hand pane when:
>
> 1.  I select a plpgsql function
> 2.  right click and select Debugging > Debug
> 3. Fill in the parameter values in the pop up
>
> Inline image 1

Seems there are some bug reports on this, see below. You will need to
sign up for a Postgres community account to see/add to the issues though:

https://www.postgresql.org/account/signup/

Issue reports:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2022
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2018

> Thanks,
>
> Shakti Singh
>

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/14/2016 05:19 AM, Shakti Singh wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I am working on a POC to port Oracle database to PostGreSQL.
>         I am trying to debug a function in pgAdmin 4 after enabling
>         debugger.
>
>         The Debugger window that opens in pgAdmin 4 for a function does
>         not show
>         any function code because of which I cannot put a break point.
>

>     Does all of the below apply to your situation?:
>
>     https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/debugger.html
>     <https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/debugger.html>
>
>     "The debugger may be used to debug PL/pgSQL functions in PostgreSQL,
>     as well as EDB-SPL functions, stored procedures and packages in
>     Advanced Server. The Debugger is available as an extension for your
>     PostgreSQL installation, and is distributed as part of Advanced
>     Server. You must have superuser privileges to use the debugger.
>
>     Before using the debugger, you must modify the postgresql.conf file,
>     adding the server-side debugger components to the the value of the
>     shared_preload_libraries parameter:
>
>         shared_preload_libraries = ‘$libdir/other_libraries/plugin_debugger’
>
>     After modifying the shared_preload_libraries parameter, restart the
>     server to apply the changes."
>

>         Any help is appreciated.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Shakti Singh
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 9.6.1: Debug window does not load function sql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 9.6.1: Debug window does not load function sql