Re: Replication

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ<devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> I *used* MySQL replication, and I do know what it means. It is not user
> friendly, come on.

Well, I used it too - it is. If you want to replicate _everything_.
Never had troubles with it, but that was database holding stuff for
Zope, rest of the crap was in Zope's "database" (which is replicated
by rsync).

But I had so many other issues with mysql, I gave up. It is so bad
now, that I refuse to work on contracts with mysql involved. (random
crashes, data loss, so many bugs, and odd behaviour, it allows
strange sql syntax, etc) - iow, I can honestly believe that they
screwed up replication too. Especially since their motto is, that the
thing must be easy enough for someone without SQL experience. Which
explains everything anyway :)

--
GJ