Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you sure that moving to Linux will solve this? Could you please check if
> you notice the same write behavior? Any other windows users that noticed
> this?
Never used postgresql on windows myself, but from what I read here,
and comments on other lists by experienced hackers, postgresql was
designed to run on unix, and windows, lets just say, has differences.
Try it for yourself, and see. It really isn't that difficult to set it
up on ubuntu, or some other linux server. You might even want to buy
hosting somewhere cheaply with postgresql (there are sites listed at
http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting), or if you
have other box to play with.
Just to get an idea of waht's the difference. After all, it may turn
out that problem is somewhere else, not in postgresql itself.

If you contact me in private, I can help you setup postgresql+other
stuff, for small fee.

--
GJ

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql
От: Ries van Twisk
Сообщение: Re: problem with FOUND and EXECUTE in pl/pgsql