Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/6/3 Jennifer Trey <jennifer.trey@gmail.com>:

> Not sure about that Grzegorz, its a pretty powerful computer :) and I don't
> have that much data and traffic yet..
> Normally, should the writes really be more than the reads?
> Intel Quad Core 2.4 GHz
> 8GB Memory
> Asus P5B Motherboard (Standard Version)
> Windows Web Server 2008 x64 (trial)
> PostgreSQL 32bit
> Application running Java x64 and on Jetty Server 6
> 2 Samung Disks...

The spec looks pretty neat. I would try to see how is the memory
usage, considering that you use windows and java on it.
I had awful lot of troubles in past with java (well, 1.4, but still),
and I still don't recommend windows as server platform to anyone. But
the second is due to lack of ability to squeeze out from it what I can
get from Linux or Sun Os on same hardware.

--
GJ