help with - psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "gforge"

От Sukhdeep Johar
Тема help with - psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user "gforge"
Дата
Re: help with - psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed
Список pgsql-admin
I followed these steps to create a new user :
1. createuser -P gforge
2. createdb -U gforge -E UNICODE gforge
3. createlang plpgsql gforge

this gave no errors.
But when I try to log in, I get the foll error
# psql -h localhost -U gforge gforge
psql: FATAL:  Password authentication failed for user "gforge"

Any comments, what may be going wrong ?
--
Neither success nor failure is ever final

--
Neither success nor failure is ever final