Re: General question about OS

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: General question about OS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/06/2019 09:45, Drexl Spivey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Don't want to start one of those endless internet tug of wars without
> end threads, but would like some other people's opinions.
>
> First off, I use all Operating systems without problems, personally
> defaulting to linux at home, but mostly mac at work. I use windows,
> when necessary, not my favorite.
>
> It seems in my little database development experience that this is one
> area where windows might actually offer the best, most
> mature/developed choices. If this is the case, I should acclimate
> myself to it more.
>
> I have found many applications have been ported to other systems, but
> they don't seem as "good", and some programs like Power Designer are
> windows only.
>
> Is database work heavily windows leaning??
> --

I got into the game before Microsoft ever existed.  I find Linux far
easier to use, for both general things and development.

Can't say I'm familiar with what Microsoft offers now, but it still
seems to be a security nightmare and very restrictive.

Cheers,
Gavin

Сообщение: Re: General question about OS
Сообщение: Re: General question about OS