Re: PostgreSQL inheritance vs https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: PostgreSQL inheritance vs https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Στις 23/10/23 19:58, ο/η Achilleas Mantzios έγραψε:
> Στις 23/10/23 19:54, ο/η Alvaro Herrera έγραψε:
>> On 2023-Oct-23, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>>
>>> I find PostgreSQL inheritance a great feature. The caveats are the same
>>> since a long time, nothing changed in that regard, but as you say, the
>>> implementation/limitations exist in native table partitioning as well.
>> For partitioning, many of the limitations have actually been fixed.

Seeing here :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITIONING-DECLARATIVE

I am seeing the same obstacle to have a global unique index on the whole
partitioned table, without including partition keys of any sort. This is
the same since 11 or 12 IIRC. IMHO the most restrictive limitation. (and
surely too hard to solve)

--
Achilleas Mantzios
  IT DEV - HEAD