Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 5/16/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

Yep, that is part of our problem, but even items people have already
said they _can_ review have shown little progress.

For complex patches, it might help to identify and associate a core/senior
community member in the early stages of design and development. This
member will then have enough insight into the work as it progresses and can
him/herself act as a committer and/or help the committer later.

We developed HOT in a phased manner. Had each of the incremental patches
been reviewed, I think the review process would have been much easier
and less painful. Also that would have helped us to identify any obvious
bugs/show stoppers early in the cycle and might have even generated better
ideas to do things differently.

Having said that, I fully understand the difficulties of the committers who
need to put substantial efforts in understanding the patch and guage its
overall impact.

Thanks,
Pavan

--