Re: Testing concurrent psql

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Testing concurrent psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
>>>
>>> An ALSO SELECT rule?
>
>> It gives you an error.
>
> Not if you do it correctly.

Ah, I was trying to do a ON SELECT DO ALSO SELECT

I now get this using the patched version, I can't see this divergence as a bad
thing though:

postgres=# insert into foo values(42);?column?
----------       1
(1 row)
?column?
----------       2
(1 row)
?column?
(1 row)

INSERT 0 1

It seems to work fine asynchronously too as libpq doesn't report the response
as having been received until all three result sets are there anyways, so it
doesn't require any special handling.

Сообщение: Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing
Сообщение: Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing