Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless)

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: [HACKERS] PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Corey Huinker wrote:

> I meant in the specific psql-context, does it do anything other
> than (attempt to) terminate sent-but-not-received SQL queries?

It cancels the current edit in the query buffer, including the
case when it spans multiple lines.
If we add the functionality that Ctrl+C also exits from branches,
we could do it like the shell does Ctrl+D for logout, that is it
logs out only if the input buffer is empty, otherwise it does
the other functionality bound to this key (normally Delete).
So if you're in the middle of an edit, the first Ctrl+C will
cancel the edit and a second one will go back from the /if

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite