Re: pgbouncer logs and its efficiency

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgbouncer logs and its efficiency
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 28.01.22 05:14, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> 1. What is the meaning of those IDs in the log like
> "S-0xaaaae460fcb0", "C-0xaaaae45d9fb0" ? I suspect that "S-" and "C-"
> mean "server" and "client", but what are those HEX numbers?

These are the internal addresses of the server and client structures.
You can use those to track a particular server or client connection
through the logs and through SHOW SERVERS and SHOW SERVERS.

> 2. How would you calculate the efficiency of pgbouncer, like
> client_conns/server_conns ratio (current and average over over time)?

This depends heavily on what you are using pgbouncer for and what
metrics are relevant for your application.

Сообщение: Re: Determine potential change in table size after a column dropped?
Сообщение: Re: Determine potential change in table size after a column dropped?