Re: Stray autovacuum daemon

От Mikko Partio
Тема Re: Stray autovacuum daemon
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Mikko Partio <mpartio@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Mikko Partio escribió:

> Now, the problem is that I cannot turn autovacuum off! I have tried to set
> autovacuum = off at postgresql.conf with no avail. I have also tried to
> disable the vacuum by inserting rows to pg_autovacuum but still the vacuum
> processes just pop up. What's even more weird is that autovacuum is
> vacuuming the same tables over and over. No sign of xid wraparound issues
> show in the logs. How can I stop autovacuum without restarting the database
> instance?

If your database is in danger of Xid wraparound, autovacuum will run on
it no matter what you do.  Check pg_class.relfrozenxid and
pg_database.datfrozenxid, and the current Xid counter (from
pg_controldata I think).  Also take a look at the description of the
autovacuum_min_freeze_age param (or was it max_freeze_age?  I forget).

I think I may have found the problem, the import uses a temporary table which I guess autovacuum can not handle? Manually vacuuming it changed the relfrozenxids of other tables dramatically.

Regards

Mikko