Re: Fwd: [BUGS] pg_trgm word_similarity inconsistencies or bug

On 3/6/18 7:04 AM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> I agree with Teodor (upthread, not quoted here) that the documentation
>> could use some editing.
>>
>> I started to do it myself, but quickly realized I have no knowledge of
>> the content.  I'm afraid I would destroy the meaning while updating the
>> grammar.
>>
>> Anyone understand the subject matter well enough to review the
>> documentation?
>
> Liudmila tried to improve docs in Alexander's patchset.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f43b242d-000c-f4c8-cb8b-d37e9752cd93@postgrespro.ru

This looks good to me with a few minor exceptions:

+   <function>word_similarity(text, text)</function> requires further
+   explanation. Consider the following example:

Maybe too verbose?  I think "<function>word_similarity(text,
text)</function> requires further explanation." can be removed entirely.

+   string.  However, this function does not add paddings to the

"add padding"

> BTW, adding Liudmila's message to commitfest task
> (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/17/1403/) doesn't work

Doesn't work for me either.

Alexander, can you post the final patches to the thread so they show up
in the CF app?

Thanks,
--
-David