Re: pgsql: doc: make ref/*.sgml file header comment layout consistent

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: doc: make ref/*.sgml file header comment layout consistent
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2020-05-26 03:30, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 01:42:38PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>>
>>> Uh, why not?  There have been requests to keep the docs as consistent as
>>> possible in back branches.
>>
>> Because this is a cosmetic-only change and not something user-visible,
>> so it may be surprising to see it back-patched.  I was a bit surprised
>> first, but after looking at it I don't have any problem with what you
>> did, and you actually made the effort to back-patch it.
>
> I use doc backpatching logic we discussed in this 2018 thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEyumGh3r05U3_mhRrEU%3DdfacdRr2HEw140MvN7FSBMSyw%40mail.gmail.com#6a92eb3360700dd4d2d392d2b91021ba

In that thread, the old documentation was factually wrong.  So
correcting it is legitimate and desirable.

What I object to is backpatching inconsequential wording and formatting
changes.  If it's not wrong, it should be left alone.