Re: List types

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: List types
Дата
Re: List types
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>  > What's the difference between "Regional lists" and "User Groups Lists"? I
>  >  mean, we have persian pug under regional, but sydney and portland under
>  >  user groups... Should we just merge these?
>  >
>  >  (http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/)
>
>  The PUGs are supposed to be groups working on face to face events etc.
>  The Regionals are actually a kind of mix of language and
>  region-speciifc content.

Looking over the user group and regional lists, I feel like we need a
new category.

Here's what I propose:

User Groups  * organizing face-to-face meetings, local advocacy.  generally
highly-local discussion that is a mix of technical/non-technical

Regional Organization  * larger geographic area, non-profit groups, primarily
non-technical discussion

Language-specific lists  * These follow the model of pgsql-general - providing technical
support and referrals in a specific language: pgsql-es-ayuda,
pgsql-fr-generale and the Persian list *seem* to follow this model.
Alvarro could speak for pgsql-es-ayuda.  I *think* pgsql-it-generale
also falls in that category.  Gabriele?

Does that division sit well with people?  I can offer a patch later on
today for the pages and sidebars.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group