Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups

От David Steele
Тема Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/29/18 9:13 AM, David Steele wrote:
> On 1/29/18 5:28 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> But I
>> have a question; can we exclude temp tables as well? The pg_basebackup
>> includes even temp tables. But I don't think that it's necessary for
>> backups
> Thank you for having another look at the patch.
>
> Temp tables should be excluded by this code which is already in
> basebackup.c:
>
> /* Skip temporary files */
> if (strncmp(de->d_name,
>             PG_TEMP_FILE_PREFIX,
>             strlen(PG_TEMP_FILE_PREFIX)) == 0)
>     continue;
>
> This looks right to me.

Whoops, my bad.  Temp relations are stored in the db directories with a
"t" prefix.  Looks like we can take care of those easily enough but I
think it should be a separate patch.

I'll plan to submit that for CF 2018-03.

Thanks!
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net