Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups

От David Steele
Тема Re: PATCH: Exclude unlogged tables from base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/29/18 5:28 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 4:58 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a new patch that uses stat() to determine if the init fork
>> for a relation file exists.  I decided not to build a hash table as it
>> could use considerable memory and I didn't think it would be much faster
>> than a simple stat() call.
>>
>> The reinit.c refactor has been removed since it was no longer needed.
>> I'll submit the tests I wrote for reinit.c as a separate patch for the
>> next CF.
>
> Thank you for updating the patch! The patch looks good to me. But I
> have a question; can we exclude temp tables as well? The pg_basebackup
> includes even temp tables. But I don't think that it's necessary for
> backups
Thank you for having another look at the patch.

Temp tables should be excluded by this code which is already in
basebackup.c:

/* Skip temporary files */
if (strncmp(de->d_name,
            PG_TEMP_FILE_PREFIX,
            strlen(PG_TEMP_FILE_PREFIX)) == 0)
    continue;

This looks right to me.

Thanks,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Logical Decoding and HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum assumptions
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Logical Decoding and HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum assumptions