changing enumlabel from a NameData to text

От Mike Wilson
Тема changing enumlabel from a NameData to text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I'm new to the postgresql codebase, working on a patch to 8.3.7 to
allow enums to accept variable length values for David Andersen (see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-07/msg00226.php
for more details). The code I wrote compiles, but breaks in a few
places. For example I segfault when I try to insert enumlabels with
less than 126 bytes. My guess is that I am not understanding the new
varvarlena stuff in 8.3, wondering if someone could point me to an
explanation of how it works?