Database Restore errors

От Tom Kinard
Тема Database Restore errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I am attempting to restore a database.

When I run pg_restore I get the following error:

Pg_restore:  [archiver (db)] error returened by PQendcopy: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8” : 0x92

The dump was generated on a Mac and I am doing a restore on a Fedora Core 4 box.

The dump was done using a tar format.

The restore command I used is a follows:

pg_restore –d bugs –U bugs –Ft bugs-backup

I am running version 8.1.4.

The output of psql –U bugs –c ‘show client_encoding’ is

UTF8

Local give items like

LANG=:en_US, UTF-8”

LC_COLLATE=”en_US, UTF-8”