Re: Database Restore errors

От Woody Woodring
Тема Re: Database Restore errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am running into this issue as well.  I am upgrading from 7.4.X to 8.1.4.  My databases were "ASCII" encoded in 7.4.X

I am editing the dumps to remove the non-UTF8 characters, but you could also create your new db with "ASCII" encoding and it should import fine.

Hope this helps,

Woody
IGLASS Networks

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Kinard
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:50 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Database Restore errors

I am attempting to restore a database.

When I run pg_restore I get the following error:

Pg_restore:  [archiver (db)] error returened by PQendcopy: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8” : 0x92

The dump was generated on a Mac and I am doing a restore on a Fedora Core 4 box.

The dump was done using a tar format.

The restore command I used is a follows:

pg_restore –d bugs –U bugs –Ft bugs-backup

I am running version 8.1.4.

The output of psql –U bugs –c ‘show client_encoding’ is

UTF8

Local give items like

LANG=:en_US, UTF-8”

LC_COLLATE=”en_US, UTF-8”