Re: Disallow cancellation of waiting for synchronous replication

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Disallow cancellation of waiting for synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 25 дек. 2019 г., в 15:28, Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
>> Synchronous replication
>> does not guarantee that a committed write is actually on any replica,
>> but it does in general guarantee that a commit has been replicated
>> before sending a response to the client. That's arguably more
>> important because the rest of what the application might depend on the
>> transaction completing and replicating successfully. I don't know of
>> cases other than cancellation in which a response is sent to the
>> client without replication when synchronous replication is enabled.
>

> Yes, at query canceling (e.g. by timeout from client driver) client receives response about completed transaction
(thoughwith warning which not all client drivers can handle properly) and the guarantee about successfully replicated
transaction*violates*.

We obviously need a design discussion here to address the issue. But the immediate question is should we add this topic
toJanuary CF items?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Maksim Milyutin
Сообщение: Re: Disallow cancellation of waiting for synchronous replication
От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE support for dropping generation expression