Re: Initdb on Windows 2003

От
Тема Re: Initdb on Windows 2003
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I did run filemon but did not get anything from it :( Yes I disabled all
anti-virus software, no difference made.

Have raised a helpdesk ticket with Microsoft, see if they can shed any
light on the problem.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:mha@sollentuna.net]
Sent: 03 March 2006 14:14
To: Hughes, James; andrew@dunslane.net
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Initdb on Windows 2003

> All
>
> I have determined what is causing the failure. It appears that the
> stdout & stderr redirection to nul produces the "Access is Denied."
> message. This is happening even if I type "dir >nul" at the command
> prompt! I assume that this re-direction in PostgreSQL is done when
> starting postgres.exe as to allow the communction between the two
> processes?
>
> I know this is not the correct place to ask my next question but maybe

> there is a Windows expert out there :o) Does anyone have any idea how
> Windows controls access to devices such as nul,comN, lpt1, etc? Or
> what security setting governs this?
>
> Thanks all for your help.

Wow, that's really interesting. Never heard of that one before.

Can you run filemon and/or regmon from sysinternals.com, and see exactly
what object it gets access denied on?

Oh, and did you try this without antivirus/antispyware/personalfirewall
as I beleive someone suggested? Same result, or different but still
broken?

//Magnus