Re: ERROR: CREATE DATABASE: could not initialize database directory

От s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Тема Re: ERROR: CREATE DATABASE: could not initialize database directory
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
[...]
>rows/table in existing databases. The only failure is
>for the CREATE DATABASE. This is what is the most confusing for me.
[...]

The CREATE DATABASE needs to have the rights to do a "mkdir" in the place where $PGDATA environment variable points to,
andto "cp"/configure several files after that.
Actually, all I can guess is that executing postmaster as a service, there are some _cygwin_ variables in your telnet
session,that the cygrunsrv command doesn't pass to the started backend. The same user would get the same environment,
butnot all the time. Try a simple "bash.exe" command and a "bash.exe --login" in a cmd window, each followed by a "set"
command,to see what I mean.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/