Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [ADMIN] Database Error

От Ferrell, Denise D CTR NSWCDD, H11
Тема Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [ADMIN] Database Error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That's the thing, I'm already running v9.3.9.  We are planning to upgrade to the latest in March so hopefully I can
keepit stable until then.

Thanks for the information.
Denise

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhanu Murthy [mailto:bhanu_murthy@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 12:28 PM
To: Don Seiler
Cc: Ferrell, Denise D CTR NSWCDD, H11; pgsql-admin
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [ADMIN] Database Error

Perform vacuumdb and see if the error goes away.

More permanent solution is to patch upgrade to 9.3.9 where TXN wrap around issue has been resolved!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Ferrell, Denise D CTR NSWCDD, H11 <denise.ferrell.ctr@navy.mil> wrote:
    Using PostgreSQL v9.3 on RedHat platform.        Last week the VM that the database resides on ran out of
space...sincethat time after bringing the service back on-line getting intermittent connection issues.        Today I'm
receivingthe following.        ERROR:  database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data loss in database
"----"   HINT:  Stop the postmaster and use a standalone backend to vacuum that database.    You might also need to
commitor roll back old prepared transactions.

Sounds like you'll need to restart the DB in single-user mode and run a VACUUM FREEZE on the whole thing.
Here's a good read on a similar incident: https://blog.sentry.io/2015/07/23/transaction-id-wraparound-in-postgres.html

-- Don Seilerwww.seiler.us