Hardware suggestions for high performance 8.3

От Henrik
Тема Hardware suggestions for high performance 8.3
Дата
Re: Hardware suggestions for high performance 8.3  (Matthew Wakeling <matthew@flymine.org>)
Re: Hardware suggestions for high performance 8.3  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi list,

We have a database with lots of small simultaneous writes and reads
(millions every day) and are looking at buying a good hardware for this.

What are your suggestions. What we are currently looking at is.

Dual Quad Core Intel
8 - 12 GB RAM

10 disks total.

4 x 146 GB SAS disk in RAID 1+0 for database
6 x 750 GB SATA disks in RAID 1+0 or RAID 5 for OS and transactions
logs.

Good RAID controller with lots of memory and BBU.

Any hints, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Henke