Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin

От Mammarelli, Joanne T
Тема Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pgadmin is on the same server

316ms for a 'query analyze select * from table' when run from the command line (same directory psql is in)

The biggest concern is that we are hoping to hook up an external BI tool (such as QlikView, for example) and even with
QlikView(through an odbc connector) it takes 3 minutes for the data to come back.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Nasby [mailto:Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:08 AM
To: Mammarelli, Joanne T; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Slow response if pulling through pgadmin

On 11/10/15 9:39 AM, Mammarelli, Joanne T wrote:
> Hi - same rookie user as before.
>
> We have one table
>
> 100,000 rows
>
> 80 columns
>
> When we try to retrieve the data (select * from table) using pgadmin,
> we get a 193456 ms retrieve time.
>
> When I ran a query analyze in the command prompt, we get a 316ms
> retrieve time.

You mean EXPLAIN ANALYZE?

> .. and finally.  When we retrieve the data from the command line, we
> get a 5720 ms retrieve time.

What was psql doing with the output?

Basically, pgAdmin and psql aren't meant for users to deal with huge data sets, because humans don't deal well with
hugedata sets.
--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Blue Treble Consulting, Austin TX Experts in Analytics, Data Architecture and PostgreSQL
Datain Trouble? Get it in Treble! http://BlueTreble.com

Сообщение: Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin
Сообщение: Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin