Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Slow response if pulling through pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I would also like to add that I am very suspicious of a table with 80 columns.
Offhand, it sounds like poor database design where someone was trying
to put all the eggs in one basket (figuratively).

Further, what was the exact query?
Queries of the form SELECT * will always be inherently slow with
tables that have many columns. Ideally, you only want to select just
the columns that are needed.