RE: pg_rewind

От
Тема RE: pg_rewind
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Sent: donderdag 23 januari 2020 16:56
To: Bhattacharjee, Soumik <soumik.bhattacharjee@kpn.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: pg_rewind

> In Original MASTER I am running below –
>
> /usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin$ ./pg_rewind -D $PGDATA --source-server='host=<IP Address> port=5432' -P
> pg_rewind: fatal: could not connect to server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>
> I'm not sure why this keeps happening.

Because you used the wrong user or didn't specify a password?

Try

   --source-server='host=<IP Address> port=5432 user=... password=...'

--
Thanks for your suggestion, I made the "wal_log_hints = on".

I set the "wal_log_hints = on" , but enabling this parameter "on" in new MASTER(old SLAVE) needs a restart-- which I
cannotdo as all application transactions are going on there now.

Also I used pg_rewind in old MASTER(which now I want to make as new SLAVE) and it was successful, but this also needs
restartof new MASTER(old SLAVE) which is again an issue.

Command used: ./pg_rewind -D $PGDATA --source-server='host=<IP Address> port=5432 user=postgres password=xxxx

Could you please suggest how to get this to work to keep the MASTER(old SLAVE) up & running and make the old MASTER(new
SLAVE)