Re: User Authentication: LDAP and "local" accounts concurrently ?

От Lentes, Bernd
Тема Re: User Authentication: LDAP and "local" accounts concurrently ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Yes, but it might already have it, depending on what library is being
> used to talk to PostgreSQL.  The C library interface for PG, libpq, for
> example, supports Kerberos and just has to be built with it (which most
> versions you'll find have been).  If the application is JDBC and uses
> the PostgreSQL JDBC driver, that also supports Kerberos.  If the
> application is written in another language like Perl or Python and is
> using the common libraries for those (DBD::Pg, psycopg2), which use
> libpq underneath, then it depends on the way that version of libpq was
> built, but, again, most of the libpq builds out there support Kerberos.
>
> I don't know anything about geneious, but hopefully it's using libpq or
> JDBC in some fashion and already has Kerberos support thanks to those
> libraries having it.

Hi,
geneious is a Java App, the Download is bundeld with a JRE.
I think the database driver is JDBC.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDirig.in Petra Steiner-Hoffmann
Stellv.Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: MinDirig. Dr. Manfred Wolter
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. rer. nat. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671

Сообщение: Re: User Authentication: LDAP and "local" accounts concurrently ?
Сообщение: Re: User Authentication: LDAP and "local" accounts concurrently ?