Re: Listing views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Listing views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Olivier Guilyardi <ml@xung.org> writes:
> Doug McNaught wrote:
>> 'SELECT version();' should work.  There will be no permission issues
>> with calling that function unless you set the database up that way--it
>> has PUBLIC execute permission by default.

> Good

In theory it's possible for that to fail in 7.3: if someone makes their
own function named version() and then alters the default search path so
that their function is found before the one in pg_catalog, then the
wrong function would be invoked.

In practice I'd say this falls in the category of "don't do that then".