Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Tom" == Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>  Tom> In general, the point I'm trying to make is that our policy should
>  Tom> be "Ties are broken arbitrarily, and if you don't like the choice
>  Tom> that initdb makes, here's how to fix it".

> Yes, you've repeated that point at some length, and I am not convinced.

[ shrug... ]  You haven't convinced me, either.  By my count we each have
about 0.5 other votes in favor of our positions, so barring more opinions
there's no consensus here for the sort of behavioral change you suggest.

However, not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, it seems like
nobody has spoken against the ideas of (a) installing negative preferences
for the "localtime" and "posixrules" pseudo-zones, and (b) getting rid of
our now-unnecessary special treatment for "Factory".  How about we do that
much and leave any more-extensive change for another day?