Re: pg_dump versus rules, once again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump versus rules, once again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The changes in pg_backup_archiver.c would have to be back-patched
>> into all versions supporting --if-exists, so that they don't fail
>> on dump archives produced by patched versions.

> Even if you patch future minor releases, past minor releases are still
> going to exist out there in the wild for a long, long time.

Yeah, but it would only matter if you try to use pg_restore --clean --if-exists
with an archive file that happens to contain a view that has this issue.
Such cases would previously have failed anyway, because of precisely
the bug at issue ... and there aren't very many of them, or we'd have
noticed the problem before.  So I don't feel *too* bad about this,
I just want to make sure we have a solution available.