Re: create tablespaces and users

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: create tablespaces and users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pepe TD Vo schrieb am 14.01.2019 um 16:24:
> From oracle databases, I have few tablespaces and users created for
> that particular database.  How could I do the same for postgres?

The question is: what was the reason to use tablespaces in Oracle?

Most of the time I see an Oracle installation with a tablespace per user, it's to manage space more easily.

As Postgres does not store data in one huge file, this is not really relevant here.
As soon as a table is dropped, the space is released from the filesystem.

So just create the users and let them use the default tablespace, unless you used the tablespaces
to distribute the I/O load to different disks.

Thomas