Re: [PERFORM] How to force an Index ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] How to force an Index ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rhaoni Chiu Pereira <rhaoni@sistemica.info> writes:
> I need to know if there is a way to set the to_char output to varchar instead of
> text !

Why don't you change the datatype of ano_mes to text, instead?  It's
unlikely your application would notice the difference.  (You could set
a CHECK constraint on the length if you really want to duplicate the
behavior of varchar(6).)

Alternatively, try 7.4 beta. I believe this issue goes away in 7.4,
because varchar no longer has separate comparison operators.

Of course there's also the option of modifying to_char's result type
in pg_proc, but I won't promise that doing so wouldn't break things.