Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> Not even kill -9 worked?  I had that happen too but I thought it was a
> problem with AIX.  Kill -9 is supposed to kill any process.  It can't be
> caught.  Is it possible that PostgreSQL is doing something that makes it that
> unkillable?

Could there be a kernel bug associated with processes that are trying to
write past the 2Gb limit?  The postmaster is certainly not doing
anything deliberate to make itself unkillable, but on some platforms
kill -9 will not work on processes that are wedged in a system call...
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?
Сообщение: Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?