Re: [GENERAL] problem with update rules on a view (ODBC)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] problem with update rules on a view (ODBC)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Emmanuel Charpentier <charpent@bacbuc.dyndns.org> writes:
> I am trying to create a small applications using a PostgreSQL 7.2 database,
> updated through ODBC from an OpenOffice form.
> I tried my  rules "by hand" in psql : the update works as advertised in the
> docs. However, I noticed that updating the *real" table gives a message :
> UPDATE 1
> after updating the table, while updating the view gives the message
> UPDATE 0
> after "updating" the view (i. e. updating the underlying table).

You can control this in 7.3 by adjusting the rule firing order (which
you do by choosing the names you give to the rules); see
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/rules-status.html

I am not sure there is any good workaround in 7.2.